PRAYER & Purification
The ritual prayer in Islam (Salah) involves five daily prayers prescribed by Allah. It is the Muslim's way of connecting back to their Lord and glorifying Him. These are performed in Arabic through a specific set of words and actions.
Muslims perform a purification from minor impurities (Wudu) and major impurities (Ghusl) before facing their Lord in the daily worship.
Supplication to Allah (Dua), is another form of prayer which entails a personal conversation with Allah. It can be performed at any place, at any time, and in any language whether or not one is purified. Resources for supplication can be found on this separate page.
1. Purification (Wudu)
2. Prayer (Salah)
⭐ 1. how to pray ⭐
⭐3. How to pray:⭐
Broken down slowly
4. Prayer with EnglisH Spoken
English speakers, when learning the prayer in Arabic, can often find it difficult to relate to the words. This excellent video demonstrates each step of the prayer, spoken simultaneously in both English and Arabic, to really empower you and engross you in the meaning behind the words you recite
3. Additional resources
3. Quick & Easy Fatiha Meaning
4. Recite Fatiha beautifully
5. Detailed explanation of salah
Tips to use this site:
- If you're looking for the simplest resources, we've starred these ⭐ just for you!
- Most videos are playlists! Click the top right playlist icon to view the full playlist
- Click on the title of the video or 'Watch on Youtube' in bottom left to open it up in the Youtube app for ease of viewing.